Lead

May 24 13 11:24 PM

Tags : : , , ,

So, I'm not sure who I can talk to about this, buuuut, I've been webcamming for a few weeks now and I'm making nothing-- zip. I've been doing it every night for hours, been following all the advice I found on websites.  I've got a pretty face, and a pretty good body, I'm flirtatious and funny, but for some reason, I'm making absolutely nothing.  I tried both LiveJasmin and MFC and I think I've made about 30 dollars on Live Jasmin and havent made a dollar more since my 98 cent promotional period was up, no one even comes into my chatroom.  I get a lot more traffic from MFC but they're usually just beggars or people who want to tip a dollar for a flash.  I've made 4 dollars after about 30 hours work.  What am I doing wrong??  I didn't expect this to be a windfall by any means, but I kind of expected to be making at least minimum wage.  :S
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

May 25 13 6:55 PM

Welcome Ms. Quinn.. And I can assure you that you're certainly not the only attractive cam model on MFC who's camming for minimum wage - or sometimes less.. Something's happening to the business model on both MFC and SM. Check out some of the comments reposted from various professional forums in "The Quote of the Day" and you'll see what I mean.  For instance this one, "Streamate has me crying" from January - http://camgirlnotes.fr.yuku.com/topic/3233/The-Quote-of-the-DayOn-Sex-Work-amp-Stripping?page=10#.UaEMQpWxYn0

I think the decline in earning is due to the abundance of free shows on MFC that any free-loader can watch, and the fact that the cam market has become overcrowded with new models - by design, since Leo pits studio models from Asia, Colombia and Eastern Europe against free-lancers from Western Europe and North America. At any time, there are anywhere from 900 to 1500 models competing against one another on MFC.
UL
CGN Mod
p.s. check out the thread "The General All Purpose Camming Really Sucks Right Now" thread in the "Camming Connection" sub-forum on Stripperweb.com for more confirmation of my observations.
p.p.s why not join us as a Model Member - Look at "About You" to see how to access the restricted model areas.

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

Last Edited By: UncleLewis May 25 13 9:47 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 28 13 12:07 AM

"been following all the advice I found on websites.  I've got a pretty face, and a pretty good body, I'm flirtatious and funny, but for some reason, I'm making absolutely nothing."

There's your problem right there.  The problem is that cam models and other professional cam models think they have their potential clients figured out.  Stop following the advice of people who think they have this all figured out.

First, believe it or not, men do enjoy the occasional intelligent, stimulating conversation.  Given the plethora of women on cam sites; if a guy has to choose between "attractive and stupid" or "attractive and smart", guess who they are going to pick?  Creating an intelligent conversation in your chat room attracts intelligent men and guess what?  Intelligent men usually make more money.  That's not to say that your entire conversation should be serious, keep it casual.  Let the people in your chat room know right away what your goals are for that session.  Don't be obnoxious about it though.

'
eg.
Topic : 1000 tokens nude

CamModel : Ok, nobody has tipped has tipped in the past 10 minutes.  If nobody tips in the next minute, I'm leaving.
'

There are two problems here. First, the topic basically says I don't do private shows.  Either be a public show cam model or a private show cam model, don't try to be both.  Second, the attitude basically says fuck you to all those that tipped so far because I didn't get 1000 tokens yet.  If you can't reach the topic, at least offer the tippers a chance to do a group show.

Second, don't give out too much personal information.  We aren't interested.  Most clients with money know that it is all usually bullshit anyways.  We've heard the same sob stories a thousand times over and we don't need to hear it again even if it is sincere.  If you've got problems, don't talk about it in public chat.  If someone really wants to know, they'll take you into a private show to find out.  We know that you have a significant other, whether serious or casual, and that they are tentatively accepting of you working as a cam model.  Don't bring it up in chat.  The stupid people will feel empowered to speak up incessantly about your boyfriend and ask questions about how good he is in bed.  You may as well log off because you aren't going to get a private show after that.

Third, camming on multiple sites at the same time.  There is nothing more annoying than finding out that I'm paying for other people's free/'reduced price' show.  Slightly less annoying is starting a conversation with a cam model and have her suddenly start ignoring you to have a conversation with someone on another site.

Fourth, find something that differentiates you from other cam models.  If you don't stand out, you are just another face in the crowd.  Even the less-than-attractive models get mentioned in MFCs 1k, 10k, and 100k Lounge because there is something interesting about them.

Fifth, it's one thing to have a rapport with people, it's another to pretend you are their friend; you aren't.  Friends are the people you go out drinking with after work, go out to dinner with, go to the movies with, go to the beach with, go to a club with, invite over to barbeques, or text message each other about stupid crap like what their baby just did.

Sixth, turn off your cellphone, essentially remove any possible distractions. It's rude to stop during the middle of a private show to check who just called you or to put your dog in another room.

Seventh, if you have to be somewhere in an hour, don't waste your time getting online.  Knowing that you are watching the clock basically says to us that you aren't focused on anything other than the clock and could care less about the fact that we are spending our money on you.

Eighth, try to do things that let people who take you private know that you remember them.  My favorite cam model who is retired again said something once that just made me keep coming back.  She had mentioned that she wasn't really from where her profile said she was from.  I told her that was actually a good idea and jokingly said I'm not really from where I told her I was from.  A few private shows later, she mentioned that she had written that down on a pink heart sticky note and kept it in her purse.  Whether or not it was true, well, it didn't really matter.  The sentiment was ingrained in to me.  It's the little things that count with men too. smiley: tongue

And last but not least, treat clients like they're riding in a taxi.  If people want to take the scenic route, let them take the scenic route.  If they want to get there right away, let them.  I remember the first time I had a cam model ask if I had cum yet after 5 minutes into the chat.  It's quite possibly the most unromantic thing you can say both in a private show and in real life.

I suppose you could just call all of this basic cam model etiquette.

Last Edited By: IamDaBadMan May 28 13 12:38 AM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 28 13 12:39 AM

Since you stepped all over my post and told me to go into the sunshine, I can state my observations here as well about you.

Nice insight into what a customer is looking for on these websites. I congratualte you for embracing it and taking the time to help out a fellow cam model. Would it surprise you that I do the same for a few others? Nah, that would reveal what a downer I am. But really if you do wish to help your fellow cam models in the understanding of what a customers likes and dislikes are, why not join ACF or Sw. But I suggest ACF because they are more client friendly whereas, on SW the gals there have very little care, trust or respect for most of their members. But as a paying customer that you are, you just might fit in there quite well.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...is for good men to do nothing
Edmund Burke(1729-1797)
Irish Philosopher,statesman

�With integrity, nothing else counts. Without integrity, nothing else counts.�

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. � Albert Einstein.

"To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle."
Confucius

STAY THE F..K OUT OF CAMLAND...YOU ARE ALL FODDER

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 28 13 1:21 AM

I rarely ever cam anymore.  When my favorite cam model retired, I effectively retired.  There is only one other cam model that I will do private shows with on the rare occasion she goes online.  I don't bother with other cam models because they all suffer from one or more of the aforementioned problems.

On another note, telling people to go to other websites isn't the best method for promoting activity on a forum.  If you ever hope to provide truly useful information, having input from more than one or two people is essential.  It's called discourse.  It does work if you let it. smiley: wink

Last Edited By: IamDaBadMan May 28 13 1:25 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 28 13 3:51 AM

Well now we are getting somewhere. I hate to step on the OP thread as well.

Allow me to refresh everyones memory. I hate to bring up the past but after close to 10 years it still is relevent. I used to think hey this is all great and fun. I had the same view as many who currently play and pay in this world of sexual fantasy. It was such fun and then the truth hits you and then teaches you a life lesson. Ironically, I don't see any measureable improvement but for a select few these days.

I know quite well why this work exists. I understand quite well about why men visit as well. I also know, experienced and observed quite a bit of what can happen to individuals within the fantasy world that allows women to becomed empowered so to speak. To be in control of their own destiny, to obtain what the real world fails to supply them to survive or be happy. Not only from their side but from both sides of the cam. 

After a while no matter what the fuck you try to do, whether it is being logical, truthful, honest, a good customer, a friend, and even become quite intimate with individuals online, in one way or another, in the end, I have discovered, that it basically is just plain fodder as a former ex moderator would constantly remind everyone here that did make their way onto this forum. Even the models would try and enlighten many who found their way here. Bless their hearts to a degree. I guess it has become survival of the fittest. 

After some time, one has to recognize that only part of the truth or half truths are given or some just outright lie because it is in their own best interests. I have known many a cam model who bluntly told me and probably others to get the fuck out. That told it straight, didn't hold back and were genuinely human with some semblence of a heart, a conscience and respect for others.That they had a heart or a conscience to do what they knew was right for some they knew that did not deserve to get hustled or get their hearts broken or their wallets milked dry. Or left for a shell of their former selves. Of couse it's all business, but damn, business has its ethics and morals too(I ain't talking about the sexual entertainment either). Some models or women just can't be the predators that others become. Thank god for that too.

I try to reason it all out, logically and rationally. I understand that there are those who find nothing at all wrong with this work and how the "game" is played. Sorry but after so long for some people, they find that this fantasy and the stuff that occurs within it, is again all fodder. To me personally, it went from pure fun and happiness to pure horror, lies, and deceit on so many levels. I will not apologize for telling it like it is as I see it now, just like the women and members who enjoy and love this work, play in it, and speak their minds too. To each their own. Just don't come to me and tell me lies and bullshit, when I know better.  I have just as much right to say it ain't so in other ways, question them, and hope no one gets hurt in this world of fantasy that billions of dollars are earned and spent. I wished it would just be like any other business, where people purchase a product or service and are content, happy and satisfied. But as we can see by just reading these women themselves, it just ain't that black or white, is it. When I read some of the things these women who work their magic that they consider their jobs,  it just reads like a con game or some dysfunctional world that they deal with.As it seems,it is the bottom of the barrel so to speak, with humans.It needs to be told and not be some dirty little secret that is hidden. Shit, when you step back and view it objectively, it almost is a manual on how to use the weaknesses or deficiencies of their fellow man. I read about how they feel about members, generally. If they aint a dollar sign, which is the best of the best, then they are considered all sorts of other descriptors, which is the worst of the worst. Sorry if I have more compassion about the assholes, dickheads, sheep, morons, or whatever others care to describe them as than just the dollar sign we seem to idolize and might do anything to obtain. I ain't so shallow.

I would hope you as a human, would not wish to see anyone played like a fine musical instrument by professionals who you think don't know a lick about their clientele. Let me tell you something, they know how this works and how to pick the fruit that grows within this world of fantasy. They play their game, their hustle, from every aspect imaginable angle and do it quite well. Supply and demand I have always said. That is what both feeds this business and also may be making it harder for many others as well. I think we sold our souls to the almighty dollar worldwide. Congratulations to us as humans.

Perhaps,this fantasy world is a byproduct of what is wrong with reailty. If that is the reality of it all then we as a society are in a heap of trouble. Just more than my 2 cents here. 

Lastly, you didn't retire. You still visit and do private shows. So that isn't really being retired nor is that really the proper word for it. Retirement really is when someone stops working and relaxes for the remainder of their lives. As far as this forum, I am sorry to say, that models have their own forums where they can teach each other how to be better entrepreneurs. This forum was never really about promoting camming but more about understanding why it exists and what may or may not occur to those within it from both sides of the data stream. It's funny, how I can find out what they really are saying about this all, but they would never dare admit it here. This forum was not there for them to learn how to earn better but it did help them in some ways on how to protect themselves and their customers too. But there is a fine line between those 2 things. How dare a member blame a model for fucking them over. Or how dare a member fuck over a model. Ah, why is that? So now I found the truth, written and spoken by the very models themselves. Not because I am on some crusade as you say. Unless siding for one group over another has become what life is all about these days, then I am a champion of the underdog. Figure out who may or may not be the underdog these days.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...is for good men to do nothing
Edmund Burke(1729-1797)

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. � Albert Einstein.

Confucius

Last Edited By: May 28 13 3:59 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 28 13 4:17 AM

Finally, an insightful post.  This is the type of discussion that, in my opinion, is more beneficial than calling people fodder.  David Hannum accurately described society by coining the phrase, "There's a sucker born every minute."  Accounting for the current population and birth rate, I would say it's more likely a sucker is born every five seconds.  There is no saving some people.

As far as helping, the first step in a person solving a problem is them becoming aware they have a problem.  You can point out all the symptoms to them you want, but they will never ever believe you.  It is not until they accept that they have a problem that they will choose to do something about it.  I remember during my college days, there was a placard on the dining hall table that showed ten signs you were an alcoholic.  My friends and I made it a game to see how many of the signs we had.  Pointing out signs of the problem had the adverse effect of making it a joke.

I'm curious if you have had any success stories of preventing an individual from becoming "fodder" for a cam model.  If so, were they people who were aware they had a problem who sought advice or were they people who were suddenly enlightened that they had a problem?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 1 13 5:07 PM

Good point.

I realized something the other day that I negleted to mention regarding this all and perhaps wrote it in the wrong way.

Usually someone, especially a male who is a current or ex customer of cam sites will find their way here. Like me, when I first found this forum, I read and listened and learned. That was while I learned valuable lessons regarding the reality of the hustle. Then for many it all became quite evident. I take full responsibility for my actions in the past and have learned my lesson well. Just like some I have spoken with who became members on this forum and others via personal chat time.

To me it was a catharsis of sorts, and an eppiphany as well. 

Those who come here may just read and never say anything. We can surmise that they are either too embarrassed or ashamed at the reality or their own self views of what they are doing. We will never know if it helped or failed. I do however did have a few thank me as well and others who just were angered and pissed at me too. It's a 2 way street, isnt it? 

I write here, and post here because it is freedom of speech and I try to be as factual and truthful as can be, so I have begun to use these womens own words to tell the facts. The ironic thing is that I have noticed a few things I have written over the years on this forum and have been berated, scolded and even banned for, is actually stated by these models on their own forums. I do not know everything but I just find the reality and truths from others, perhaps. 

So to answer your question, yes.

P.S.- There are two sides to this. The side that finds nothing wrong and wishes to justify and normalize it all. The other side  that realizes that it is fodder,like Boog and others, that it really is a weakness or a way to hide from themselves. There are those who will take advantage of weakness and others who will find the strength to overcome their weaknesses. I wasn't the person who conveniently categorized everyone into a group called fodder. It was coined because they were protecting their ideals and justifications of the pro's for the women who decide to do this work. I agrgued with then incessently because it was disrespectful and a lack of critical thinking on their part. Just like many women who work in the sex industry are individuals, so are the customers or ex customers. I was accused of being too general when describing things in the past and the same holds just as much truth and weight for the cam worker, when generalizing the people that they meet in their work. It's a narcissistic self centered view in my humble opinion on their part. I never judged anyone until I met the reality of being judged and used as fucking fodder by those on the other side of the data stream. It all just revolves around stereotyping, with it all revolving around the almighty dollar basically. I once commented on how we could all help those whose only choice was to accept this work, based upon their situations and circumstances, but that is viewed as white knightism without paying their way in a world of fantasy. Or perhaps, it's just too realistic or too much of a far fetched dream. I guess I should turn my back and say fuck it. Do whatever you want, it's your right and freedom, but in the end it also may be a lack of real freedoms and equality.

Edmund Burke(1729-1797)

Confucius

Last Edited By: Jun 1 13 5:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 2 13 3:33 AM

Houston, we've deviated from the original course of the thread.

As I've mentioned in another post, and I won't use the word retired, I've essentially stopped visiting cam sites and taking girls to private shows.  In the past seven months, I've only done one private show.  That's how infrequent the one exception, for whom I would do a private show with, comes on at a time that I'm available.  That's not to say if she came on at a time more convenient for me I would do more private shows, because I wouldn't.  The whole experience just doesn't seem the same because this one cam girl, my favorite, had set a bar so high that no other cam model really compares.  I willingly admit that my feelings about her are both infatuation and admiration.  Infatuation for obvious reasons and admiration because she has recently accomplished the goal she had set out for herself.  I can only hope that other cam models can mimic her success and I sincerely hope that she succeeds with her endeavor.  All this because I can slightly relate to her experience.  Not in the sense of experiencing the degradation that she experienced while camming, but in the sense that hard work eventually pay offs.  I myself worked a full-time graveyard shift all throughout my college years for six years.  There was nothing easy about going to class, studying for exams,  falling asleep in the library, then having to go to work five days a week.  Luckily, that hard work eventually payed off and now her hard work is paying off.

Regarding why I started visiting this site, it was out of curiosity.  It came up in a Google search and I decided to take a look around.  What prompted that search was a discussion about the "situation" in the cam modeling industry with my favorite cam model.  Her choice of words and the detail in which she talked about the issue had given me the impression that the topic had been discussed to quite some extent, and I can only speculate, by her and her peers.  The decrease in paying customers and the increased competition from more cam models joining cam sites had apparently taken its toll in 2009-10.  The content on CGN is ultimately what kept me coming back.  I found the articles and insight by posters more informative than other similar sites, although occasionally one-sided.  I dislike one-sided discussions and will play the devil's advocate when the occasion requires it solely for the sake of having more than one point of view.

I do occasionally visit the Lounges at MFC to wax nostalgic.  Sometimes we talk about how the cam models have changed and how the whole industry has changed.  We also reminisce.  We plan.  There was once a recent movement in the 10K Lounge to flood a "worthy" cam model with a low cam score with tips.  It went by the way side as we could never coordinate a time or a model to bestow this gift upon.  Maybe one day we'll actually do it.  Probably not. smiley: tongue

I got into camming fully understanding what I was, money.  I would see the occasional ad for a cam site.  One day I decided to just go ahead and join a site.  It wasn't until a year later that I joined my first fan club.  It wasn't until a year after joining that cam model's fan club that I took her into a private show.  My reasons for doing so were personal.  An important person in my life had passed away only two weeks prior but had been dying a slow death from lung cancer for two years.  I had kind of shut down, that's how much this man who was a father to me meant.  I just didn't care about anything. She was originally supposed to be a distraction but I found her to be a breath of fresh air that rekindled a burning ember in me.  Admittedly I became hooked for about two weeks until she expressed some concern about how much money I was spending on her in private shows.  I toned it down after that so as not to become that weirdo, as you've stated, that models apparently talk about.

It was a fun time for me.  I got something that I needed at the time, she got something that she needed.  But success does have its shortcomings.  I'm sure there comes a point in time when a cam model says to themselves, I need to quit.  Their personal relationships start being negatively affected by their profession.  I saw that happening before my eyes one day.  Was it an act?  Who knows.  She took the longest break from camming though.  Came back.  Retired.  Came back.  Retired.  Came back.  Retired and now achieving that goal she set out for herself only a few years prior. smiley: happy

Me, I think I can honestly say I'm not interested in a real relationship.  I get bored too easily.  The attitudes you've mentioned about how cam models consider men fodder, that's not something unique to cam models.  A lot of women feel that men are just a money tree that they need to shake every once in awhile.  Am I jaded on women?  I would say yes, but I do test the waters every now and then to see if it's safe to go back in.

Why am I still here?  To hopefully provide another point of view.

p.s. This is an edit.  After thinking about this post for about 30-40 minutes while listening to some music, I think this just my way of saying to myself I'm done with camming.  Here's how it happened, here's why it happened, here's how I'm leaving, here are your crutches back.  Peace, Vm smiley: smile

Although I will offer my POV on this site every now and then when something piques my interest.

p.s.s. Thank you Trainer smiley: wink

Last Edited By: IamDaBadMan Jun 2 13 4:55 AM. Edited 13 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 2 13 3:14 PM

Thank you for your story and your honesty.

I will say that your experience is not unique. I have no doubt that you are not alone in the reasons why you happened to end up on a cam site and what kept you there as well. 

I do have a strong passion for the way people are treated in those environments. You hinted towards it, I also experienced it, and I again don't doubt many others have as well. I tend to think that generally speaking, people are objectified to the highest level on both sides of the data stream. The women objectify themselves to the world, similar to prostitutes that sit in shop windows in Amsterdam's red light district, in little windows that attempt to draw a person to click on their window on a cam site. These women want and demand respect in some ways, but empower themselves in oh so many ways, but do not realize, or probably do realize, that they are objectifying themselves to men in general. They put themselves out there like a sexual object to make a living, without the personal intimate physical interaction. When people objectify themselves, they lower the prospects of being treated as a human being and just become an object to those who come there to shop. They draw in individuals who could not care,  do not respect or care to treat people(women) with anything other than as an object of desire, lust and not as a real person but as an object and image, they are purchasing to play with. Don't get me wrong, many will use their power to prevent their visitors to stop treating them poorly, and many visitors will be respectful but after time the judgements and stereotypes surface, and everything just becomes fodder. In return many of these women return the favor and judgement as I have often quoted and added on this forum.
The visitors, are also objectified, where all they are, are mostly tolerated, dealt with in a psychological manner to the point of manipulation all because they are mostly just a dollar sign. I am also aware that not all the men or visitors are everything these cam models have written about in their own rants and forums. But because of the environment, the interaction and the objectification of everyone, it becomes exactly what it is. 
In a way, this is why I am passionate and opionated when it comes to this, because all it is about is about the money, the money, the money.  Their is no real friendship or love when you pay for it, in my opinion. It just disheartens me that people can be so predatory, or so disrespectful, so judgemental and over time most likely changes a person in oh so many ways. My experiences have made me less trusting and more cynical of people in general. These women that achieve their goals, do it for their own reasons. Some acheive it and get out and some embrace it forever. It's the way some go about acheiving it and how they treat others or view them that brings out most of the time, the worst of humanity. I read about it everyday, hear about it everyday. For some this work is a means to an end, while for others it doesn't matter how  they get to their goal, as long as they got to it. And let me reiterate, that there are people who have no other alternatives but to accept this work and in some ways, they may be forever trapped in it because of circumstance, environment and economics.

In some ways when some men meet women in certain situations, white knightism may also rear its head. That complicates the interactions to another level. People on both sides of this business model must and should be aware of what can occur. Good or bad.

Anyways, thank you for sharing and good luck to you. There are still those who have not allowed money to corrupt themselves or have allowed themselves to become tainted by the systems that be.

To the original poster, you are not alone. It is all about traffic and getting people to enter your chat. You can't create business without customers walking into your shop. That is the first step. The next step is to keep them in their with your personality, you looks and oh so many ways to keep a customer returning and buying your services. I could list many ways to get a customer to pay and play but I am not going to mention them. Good luck though, patience is a virtue.

Edmund Burke(1729-1797)

Confucius

Last Edited By: Jun 2 13 3:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 19 13 4:09 AM

MsKittyQuinn, unless you have a high camscore and are inundated with private messages, to not request tokens for an add to your friend's list to allow members to send you private messages because you repel paying members.  I never pay to send private messages and without private messages I will not negotiate nor discuss certain topics.  Models restrict private messaging to members on their friend's list and charge a fee to get on the friend's list to limit the private messages to a manageable number and to focus on the big spenders.  The more popular the model, the higher the fee. 

You need to attract and retain regular customers.

Think about the type of men who are attracted to you in real life.  Your model persona should do things that attract those type of men.

Never beg for tokens because it repels members and makes it harder to earn them.  I have observed numerous models fall into this trap as they become frustrated while failing to meet their goal for earnings.  It is just as annoying for a member to watch a model beg for tokens as it is for a model to listen to a member beg for a free show.  Those two videos on YouTube, "MFC on Monday" and "MFC on Wednesday," illustrate the point humorously.

IamDaBadMan wrote:
eg.
Topic : 1000 tokens nude

CamModel : Ok, nobody has tipped has tipped in the past 10 minutes.  If nobody tips in the next minute, I'm leaving.

There are two problems here. First, the topic basically says I don't do private shows.  Either be a public show cam model or a private show cam model, don't try to be both.  Second, the attitude basically says fuck you to all those that tipped so far because I didn't get 1000 tokens yet.  If you can't reach the topic, at least offer the tippers a chance to do a group show.

Whether it is a good idea to threaten to end a countdown in the absence of tips, depends on the characters of members who have contributed to the countdown.  It puts pressure on the members who have contributed and have been waiting for the show to begin, to tip to complete the countdown.  On the other hand, it makes you a bitchy token whore.  The model must be a great sociologist who understands the characters of her members and adapts her behavior appropriately.  The most successful webcam models do not choose from a dichotomy: public or private show model.  They earn tokens from all methods: tips (for shows, games, photos, videos, telephone number, etc.), groups shows, private shows, spying and gifts.  There is nothing wrong with doing a countdown one day and something else another day.  As for terminating the countdown before it is done because it is taking too long, the members who contributed can come back another day and watch you do your show in public chat without tipping.  It is an inconvenient delay, but we can usually get a show for our contribution.  It could be helpful to remind the members of this before turning off your webcam.  Decide about your online persona: do you want to be a nice model or a bitchy one?

IamDaBadMan wrote:
And last but not least, treat clients like they're riding in a taxi.  If people want to take the scenic route, let them take the scenic route.  If they want to get there right away, let them.  I remember the first time I had a cam model ask if I had cum yet after 5 minutes into the chat.  It's quite possibly the most unromantic thing you can say both in a private show and in real life.

That is the old prostitute's classic question indicating that she is bored and wants to stop.  It is like saying, "Hurry up and get on with it so I can go do something interesting."  Do not say it unless you want to repel the member.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 1 14 5:17 PM

I advice you to cam every day during the same hours. That will help you to grow your regular´s list. I had the same problem, and was because i wasn't taking it seriously enough. I just work 3 hours a day, from 20 to 23 pm and that helped me a lot at growing my regular´s list. Nobody said webcam jobs were easy but there are certain things that you have to do always to make money, and having your own schedule is one of them.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 9 15 5:58 PM

Help

If you aren't it is one of three things or all of them:

1) You aren't attractive.

2) You aren't personable.

3) You are not doing the right things on cam that will get you noticed.

Good news - They can all be corrected. Angel Girl Studios pays a base of $15 per hour and a commission plus bonuses. We also provide training, coaching, etc. We have no models making less than $30 per hour, who are doing what we ask.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 10 15 12:30 PM

I would treat this offer of professional coaching with the greatest of caution.
UL

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 12 16 10:26 AM

try other camsite , i know models who made good money on mfc than when she start working with other site she made nothing....i can give you few tips if you want , all the best !

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 4 17 6:10 AM

Did you already try chaturbate? From what I know they pay more compared to streamate. You should also check your computer system, if it's enough to stream HD, most viewers gives a big amount of tokens if they can see you clearly. And for the camera, most of the live cam models use Logitech HD Pro c910. I love watching cam girls, and I'm also planning to be one, but I'm still thinking about it :)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help