Lead

May 14 10 3:00 PM

Tags : :

[B] I am a fairly new MFC model.. I am shocked.. or maybe I am just naive in thinking a man comes into private to watch us and that is the end. I guess I never thought of people recording us or using our private videos.

The big fear for me is my family and friends seeing this material on the net. I am okay with what I do, but my family wouldn't be. I guess it is just a risk you have to take now... I am sseriously considering whether to continue on with MFC or to just leave it..

I don't know if any videos of me have been posted but I WOULD like to know.

Thank you for all your kind work here uncle xxx
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

May 14 10 3:40 PM

Welcome to CGN.. Look at the email I just sent you.
UL

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 14 10 9:56 PM

MFC is one of the most pirated sites. If you choose to work there its not a question of if you will be capped but when.

But with that in mind it also depends on how popular you are there. Certain models are capped nightly, others never at all...

If you are concerned about it there are a few things you can do to reduce the chances of finding your clips or pics floating around the net but theres no way to 100% totally eliminate it, besides not doing it at all.

And its not only the pirates exposing models. As part of the standard contract you release the rights to your image and video feed to the site to use for promotion any way they wish, whenever they wish. Most sites provide clips and pictures to affiliates to use for promotion. And even sites that offer blocking of certain regions, the blocking only works for registered users not guests. So even if you have the whole eastern seaboard blocked so that friends or family dont stumble into your chat room, its only effective if they are registered properly. Guest chatters can be anyone from anywhere.

So its a tough tightrope to walk, trying to protect your privacy but at the same time be available to clientele you want. Perhaps Ill start a thread in the models section here listing things models can do to reduce the risks.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 15 10 11:23 AM

An excellent idea, MissJane. Please do that...
UL

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 30 10 10:38 PM

Please take note the Web-cams only thread on franc-tireur was taken off line by its Administrator today..under pressure from MFC...
UL

> Amateur Webcam Videos - No *MFC*s Video Allowed, Also No Requests Or Tech Support

Wii
Rating: 5
post Today, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Forum Masterb8r

Group: Administrator
Donate Points

Member No.: 2638

New topic for sharing amateur webcam videos. No requests they are only allowed in the Gold Request Topic and no tech support that goes in the PC Help Section.

Due to some issues do not make any video posts that say *MFC*s or MFC in the text, screen caps, or file name. Any posts containing videos that are labeled as *MFC*s/MFC content will be removed from this section of the forum without notice to the posters.

Same will apply to any unidentified content if notice is received later on that it is MFC content. Otherwise continue sharing as usual if you wish.

--------------------

General Forum Rules

New Rules For Making Requests

Allowed File Hosts

The Gold Section can be reached by donating or actively sharing content on the forum.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 3 11 12:20 PM

I had a recent exchange with someone who ought to know better, but who suggested that people like me who were raising the risk of piracy on sites like MFC were engaging in "scare tactics" - and not dealing in matters of fact. But as MissJane said in this thread last May.

MissJane: May 14, 2010

MFC is one of the most pirated sites. If you choose to work there its not a question of if you will be capped but when....

And its not only the pirates exposing models. As part of the standard contract you release the rights to your image and video feed to the site to use for promotion any way they wish, whenever they wish. Most sites provide clips and pictures to affiliates to use for promotion. And even sites that offer blocking of certain regions, the blocking only works for registered users not guests.

Of course most of the savvy independents who are using MFC as a platform to promote their own personal "brand" know this and have probably factored being recorded into their own individual marketing strategy.. But mainly, this pervasive piracy helps the web-pimps promote traffic to their web-sites on the backs of naive studio models who are pretty much kept in the dark.

So here's a warning from the pirate/ fanboy, MCG, on his blog "Tipping the Girls." MCG has recorded hundreds of videos of cam-models from across Europe and posted them along with a personal note about each one of his favorite model/targets.

What's interesting is that here he just assumes that most of his model readers are not really aware of the risks they are running. I suppose that's the case because they are primarily women working in Eastern European or Russian studios where that kind of information is not widely shared....lol.

UL

APRIL 12, 2010

SMILE YOU ARE  BEING RECORDED

Yes! Did you really thought that nobody would record your webcam?

Many girls start working on this camgirl job thinking that nobody can’t record the shows. Actually, many of them think that it is not possible. Others think that nobody will do it. And few models know that it can be done and are aware that members might also share it online.

It is well known that the main fear of many models is: “and if my family/friends find me working here?”. This is not the biggest problem, even because models can block their countries from viewing their webcams/profiles. The problem is when someone decides to record your show.

Reasons that make someone record your show? Well, many. I recorded my first private because I did want to watch it again later. This happened way before I even think about my blog. Many members do the same because they don’t want to pay again to see you naked. But some of those members might share the videos to the world, on a site where your country is able to visit. This might be a problem to you if you want to keep this job in secret.

What can the sites do about it? Not much besides banning the user who shared the videos. If they know who is the user, of course.

What can you do about it? Nothing! You can’t avoid members from recording your shows. But if your are concerned only about who will see the recorded videos, you might want to do like some girls do. Don’t show your face in private. But be aware that this will not be good to your performance in private.

Anyway… this is only one of many risks of being naked online on a webcam site.

4 Comments »

Vixen Blu May 26 2010 @ 6:39 pm

Agreed. This is kind of a concern of mine, more or less only because it takes away from business if they are taking private shows and reposting them. I want to be able to offer my members a full show if they put me in private so I cant imagine hiding my face. Besides, there are other tell tale marks on my body that would give me away. In reality, despite that I think reposting content without consent is a mean thing to do, there is not any sort of way of achieving both goals at this juncture.

Thanks for the article.

MCG May 26 2010 @ 7:51 pm

If the case is about few videos, I guess it is actually good for promotion. I know many guys who prefer to watch 3 or 4 minutes of free nude videos before paying for his own private time with the girl.

When the case is about hundreds of videos of the same girl… then, it is not a promotion. It is unfair to her who works her ass hard to give her best in front of the webcam.

But in both cases the girl must know how to deal with it and take the advantage of it promoting herself.

Cheers!

NextStar May 27 2010 @ 7:13 pm

Yes. Unfortunately, this happens. Nothing we can do. I get shit all the time because I hide my face. The reason being is because when they DO record, my name is NOT attached to that vid. I’m just some girl, out there, making $ for some asshole who prob paid 10 bucks in pvt. Recorded. Edited and spliced (with who knows who elses vids) and sells them or uploads them to wherever. I wouldn’t give a shit who got it If I had my name on it. Free marketing. But it doesn’t work that way. Some jus like to keep it to themselves and their personal friends. I don’t care.

So now I figure, unless I am getting a big name for it. Becoming a star. I am not gonna pit my face in it a whole bunch. See me in free chat. See pussy in pvt.

MCG May 27 2010 @ 7:47 pm

Humm… you just gave me an idea. Maybe I should add an opening and ending credits on every video where would appear all the nicknames of the girl and the sites where people can find her.

Right now I just name the file with the nickname (i.e. NextStar.avi) and set an internal text with the nickname that appears on file attributes. But both can be easily edited/removed. The opening/ending credits wouldn’t be that easy as the guy would have to edit and recode the video. Well, at least this is how the pro adult studios do with their videos.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 6 11 12:50 AM

S&G nails it again. Gotta love the way she writes. She doesn't pull her punches and calls it like she sees it.. And indeed her advice about telling friends and family about your adult work in your own way at a time of your own choosing sounds a lot like what "Aunt Mary" advises cam-models to do here: http://camgirlnotes.15.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=791
UL

Re: I Could CRY Right  Now...

This is gonna sound pessimistic, but I kind of feel like you've gotta expect the worst--and prepare for it--when you get into the sex biz. Never want your parents to find out? I don't particular savor the prospect either. But it's been said before: what happens on the internet stays on the internet for.ever. It WILL come back to bite you in the ass--and I'm not talking about a sexy little love-bite. Best thing to do, like I said above, is to control how the info gets to the people you'd least like to find out.... by telling them yourself. At least if you expect to do this for the long haul.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help