Lead

Jul 13 10 7:18 PM

Tags : :

Can a prostitute sue her pimp for wrongful termination?
Yes... and it is true.

A woman in South Africa alleges that her boss dismissed her for choosing her clients and for spending time with her boyfriend who did not pay for her services, according to the South African Press Association.

The first court, in 2004, heard the case but dismissed it because of the nature of the work involved.

Prostitution is illegal in South Africa and the judge at the court said he was not sure whether a person engaged in illegal activity could challenge a dismissal in court.

The girl, who was fired in 2003 after working for ten years at Brigitte's Massage Parlour, has since found different work. She has spent seven years seeking justice over the dismissal, but several previous courts have refused to hear the case.

Wim Trengove, the girl's lawyer, said the case was simply about unfair dismissal - not whether sex work should be legalised.

~The South African Press Association; 2010

Next question... Can a cam model sue her boss or the cam sites for spammers and failure to "protect" her room?

I would say YES because according to the contract that CGU has obtained, it states that "we, make every effort to keep your chat room free from spammers, ads, rude individuals and other circumstances that would prevent you, , from performing your job..."

The only legal roadblock there is the words "make every effort". But I do see where this can be argued efffectively.

Interesting.

"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." ~ Mark Twain

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Jul 13 10 8:03 PM

I don't agree with the comparison between prostitutes and cam girls. Or maybe I misunderstood. The word pimp that make me think about sex slavers and not independent contractors.

"Next question... Can a cam model sue her boss or the cam sites for spammers and failure to "protect" her room?"

About suing the studio boss that's happening all the time, and it's assumed that girls come and go, and stay only 6 months or an year max. There are rarely situations where a model stays for a few years in a studio and doesn't start out on her own. Some studio invest in their models training. Most don't
About the relationship between the model and the website, many take clients from a website and bring them on another where they receive an extra referral share.

The studio is actually hired by the model since she prefers to work there and they gives her a commission for support and re-location.

You cannot be part of the crowd and achieve your dream at the same time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 13 10 9:14 PM

camgirl, i am not referring cam girls to prostitutes. That is HOW the South African Press Association worded it and I only quoted from their headline. That would be similar to me referring to my partners as prostitutes and I in NO WAY think that. But I quoted the story as reported.

As a contract underwriter for various companies, I never heard of the model hiring the studio. In fact, the contracts that I have reviewed from models that are employed by CGU (with sub-contracts to other sites), there is a referral service, but that is if a studio wants the model to work on other sites simultaneously. The studio boss generally refers himself/herself to get credit.

Model --> Studio Boss --> Cam Site A
--> Cam Site B
--> Cam Site C

The model does not and does not work for, nor signs ANY contract with a website portal. Same as an employee filling out an application to McDonalds, so does the model apply for and is hired by the studio. The studio then has many contracts with many website portals. This is why you see models on different sites at the same time. I have one CGU model that works on 14 cam sites at the same time! She does not have 14 contracts - Only ONE with CGU.

I do not think a model can sue a cam site...

I got this email from a model in Slovakia and asked for my help to stop a problem in her room. I contacted the cam site representative and was told the model needs to ask the site for help... Here is the email I got from the model when I told her this...

"hmmm i m not sure because if we have problems i must say it to our boss and our boss say it to other boss who is main boss of all europe..americans wont speak to us...thats the problem ("

As you see, as in ANY job, the employee has ONE BOSS as contact... It is the boss' responsibility to deal with the work issues... Thus, if a model wants to sue anyone, it would be her employer, the BOSS, and not the cam sites.

"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." ~ Mark Twain

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 13 10 10:03 PM

i'm working on about 20 simultaneous.

I know how the contracts look, I've been working in studio and had my own studio few years ago. i said the model "hires' the studio figurative. She could be on her own but prefer to be instructed by studio (like u pay a trainer too) and you technically pay a rent for the location, tech support.. pc... It's not like in other business where you need a huge investment, it's more about the knowledge part, besides papers, which makes sense only if the studio share some work secrets, but usually they dont, for some reasons.

And still, many sites require a studio release contract AND an agreement for each model, signed by the model (but usually the studio signs in her name)

If the studio doesn't fulfill its obligations, definetly doesn't worth the %

well.. as i said, models move the clients from a site to another even its not allowed, because the site invested money in traffic to bring those clients, and also the independent models do it because the difference of % offered by another site of what the refferal client spent can be double. Might seem a small harm, but if it's a high payer on a small site, the harm is proportional.

But if the model works without contract she can complain anytime about that to the area office and thr studio manager that do this illegally get in big trouble.(happened few times in romania)

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 14 10 2:37 AM

Questions for you camgirl:

Is it a requirement for a model to be "sponsored" by a studio even if she/he will work from home?

If a model wishes to work from home, as a freelance or independent model, do they need to have a studio behind them to gain time or access to a website(s)?
If the model works as a freelancer or independent model, without any affiliation with a studio, then can they sue the only boss or partner, which appears to be the website(s)?

Lastly, if a model works from home and alone as a freelance or independent model, are they considered a studio(meaning the individual model that works independently)?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...is for good men to do nothing
Edmund Burke(1729-1797)
Irish Philosopher,statesman

�With integrity, nothing else counts. Without integrity, nothing else counts.�

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. � Albert Einstein.

"To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle."
Confucius

STAY THE F..K OUT OF CAMLAND...YOU ARE ALL FODDER

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 14 10 12:36 PM

"Is it a requirement for a model to be "sponsored" by a studio even if she/he will work from home?"

There are some some sites that cooperate only with studios, where even the girls who work from home must rent an account from a studio and the studio keeps a % of her earnings (for doing nothing)

But on 98% of sites any model can work directly, with no 3rd party (advisable). Still the studio prefer their models to work on the 2% of sites (even if they are less productive) that don't accept individual models, so they never find out that they can make good money (even better) on the other 98% and obviously, leave, at a moment's notice.

It can be happen sometimes if a model is registered on a site as studio performer that she will have to wait 3 months till the site accepts her as individual performer. That's all about the site policy and it's a rather isolated event. If a model member here wants to leave her studio and work on a specific site, you can ask me and I'll answer you specifically.

"If a model wishes to work from home, as a freelance or independent model, do they need to have a studio behind them to gain time or access to a website(s)?"

No

"If the model works as a freelancer or independent model, without any affiliation with a studio, then can they sue the only boss or partner, which appears to be the website(s)?"

The site is considered a partner., even in contracts where it's by mentioned that the performers are not employees of the site. If the site doesn't pay and she works legally (aka pay taxes in her country), yes. That can be hard sometimes when the office of site is in a fiscal paradise. Plus that means money to spend on a lawyer so it depends on how big the damages were. I always advise models to not work on a single site and make a huge amount of money only there (just in case).

"Lastly, if a model works from home and alone as a freelance or independent model, are they considered a studio(meaning the individual model that works independently)?"

They are independent contractors. Legally is the same. Just like in other business which can be companies (with more then 1 employee) or an authorized individual (1 single employer), they have same juridical status. So yes, they are considered studio from this point of view, with a single employee

The fact that most independent models prefer to not pay taxes, since they have a lower amount (then studios) to receive, that is not noticed, that's another story.

On some sites they even have a master account by default (as studios have) where they can add other sub-performers.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 14 10 2:42 PM

Wow camgirl and CGU..this is very clear discussion..and very, very useful...I am moving it back to Read the Members as a pinned topic.. Thank
UL

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help