Sylvan Ranger

Very Talkative

Lead

Oct 4 12 11:08 PM

Tags : :

Hi, I just want to make a how-to on using omegle.com.

Omegle.com is a free site where strangers meet anonymous and only share contact details if they choose to do so.

I do not recommend meeting strangers this way.....
these are not going to be paying customers, most of them are looking for free sex chat from girls and don't know how to find it the right way.....

But it is good for prearranged anonymous meeting tool
and here's how it works!

You decide on a tag to both search on ahead of of time at the same time.

You enter the pre-arranged tag and press enter so the tag turns blue. say it's "bubblegum9000", make sure using facebook is NEVER checked, and "Find strangers with common interests" is always checked. click text or video chat once your ready
Now make sure both of you are searching for a stranger at the same time

Now you have to make sure you don't get a random person.

here's how you tell:

First you see:

Looking for someone you can chat with. Hang on.
It may take a little while to find someone with common interests. If you get tired of waiting, you can connect to a completely random stranger instead.

Then if they can't match your tag, you'll get a random person and it'll say:

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Omegle couldn't find anyone who shares interests with you, so this stranger is completely random. Try adding more interests!

IF YOU GET THE ABOVE MESSAGE, PRESS "ESC" (three times is enough to do a new search again) Keep repeating until you find this message:

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You and the stranger both like bubblegum9000.

NOW CHECK THAT PERSON TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE REALLY THE SAME PERSON YOU MET BEFORE. ASK THEM SMART questions, "like 'is this you?, if so, tell me a/s/l" or a similar question to check their identity vs the person you met before.... to make sure you didn't accidentally cross paths with someone else, or get interecepted (I don't think people or governments really know about omegle to interecept it yet, but eventually they will)

You can meet people this way and delay sharing ANY indentifyable information as long as you want. You are in control of everything, you don't even have to give an alias. chat is always between "me" and "stranger"
you can chat text only first, then switch to video chat and confirm they are who they say they are as far as looks and attitude and actions. If I were a female model, I would never trust anyone with any personal info on that site unless they first passed all these test.... and even then, why do you need to give personal info? you can always meet again on omegle.com the same way. do not commonly used tags, always make it unique, do not use the same tag repeated tags and start a pattern of behavior..... always use different tag each time you use the site....

first might be BubbleRobot1000
then BubbleRobot2000 for second chat
BubbleRobot3000 for third chat
or change the tag completely every time if you have a way to communicate it with the person you're trying to contact.....

And remember, the site has a way to save text chat for the other person to save on their computer..... though they will not have your IP address or anything to identify you other than your words, you should still be smart....people can cut and paste everything you say...... so be smart when text chatting...
Also, ALWAYS!!!! make sure you watch to make sure your second line at the top never says "Omegle couldn't find anyone who shares interests with you, so this stranger is completely random. Try adding more interests!"

There are more creative uses for a site like this, but I recommend stick to this way I have outlined for safety and privacy of your information.

Note for the mods: this is not my site, the whois.com is registered to gandi.net. I had trouble tracking down more information about who runs the site to know just how much your information is safe and what international borders your data is crossing.... if this is a violation of forum rules, please modify the post as you see fit.... I'm posting this purely as a tool to be used.

EDIT: Here's the domainsigma.com info: http://domainsigma.com/whois/omegle.com

it's based in new york, USA
and it has an email contact to reach site owners.

EDIT: realized I had typo and put extra "no" in title of thread making it "no anonymous"
Are you a broken girl? Your friends love you and you're no a broken´╗┐ girl. If you think you are a broken girl, then write on your arm saying broken girl and why you that.!
Jamie Addante 2 days ago
Alternate Music Link: http://www.myspace.com/matthewwest/music/s...n-girl-75363531
For the link-phobic:
CODE
Broken Girl by Matthew West with lyrics : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guaG981MLoQ

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Oct 6 12 11:47 PM

Description of Omegle at Wiki.

If you chat by email, skype or similar services, the receiver can see your IP address. Chat on camsites, certainly MFC, does not reveal IP addresses but tends to be recorded by the camsite, and the camsite knows the identities of the models and members. The issue is whether one can trust Omegle to protect privacy and anonymity. Based on Omegle's Privacy Policy one can not trust them:

Chat privacy

Omegle may log the contents of your chats, your IP address, and the IP addresses of your chat partners. In general, that data will not be stored for longer than approximately fifteen minutes, and will be seen only by automated software, not by a human being. However, select messages may be read to improve Omegle's anti-spam software, or for other quality control purposes. Also, messages which are flagged as spam will be stored indefinitely.

Omegle video chat requires a direct connection to be made between your computer and the other user's computer. To do this, it is necessary to make your IP address available to the other user's computer, although it is not shown to the other user by Omegle's interface. This is a necessary part of how any P2P video chat system functions. If you are not comfortable with this, use text mode (or spy mode) instead.

Logs, to the extent that they exist, will never be shared with a third party unless you or your chat partner choose to share them, except for valid law enforcement purposes.
(emphasis mine)
Just like at MFC, viewing a member's webcam presents the model's IP address to the member.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help